Friday, November 23, 2012

Sweets For The Sweet (Book Review: Sweetness, Lindsay Paige)

"Sweetness" was a free book on Amazon, and what caught me initially was its cover. They always say don't judge a book by its cover, but in this case, I lucked out. This is a simple story, a young adult book about two people who find each other in the midst of their emotional damages. Emily has had a rough time - she has been abused and pimped out by her own mother while Jake just lost his mother from cancer. They find love with each other, and try to let love grow. It's not lighthearted. The characters around them could be more real, but they serve their purpose well. I did not realize this was one of those "serial" books and this is the first of the series so it doesn't really end, but is set up for the sequel. I guess that's why they gave this one for free, to whet people's appetites so they buy the next books in the series. The one thing I didn't like about this book is that it was promoting the fast food chain Chick Fil-A, making me think that the author is a Fundamentalist Christian homophobe. I don't think I will be buying her books for that reason.

BC-92

No comments:

Post a Comment