Sunday, December 16, 2012

In Love With A Joy Delirious (Book Revew: So Inn Love, Catherine Clark)

Baby it's cold outside.  As I was trying to decide what to read next, the cover of Catherine Clark's "So Inn Love" spoke to me: the pastels, the sand, the memory of a summer day by the beach. And I just started reading, got so into the novel, and finished quickly. It's one of those no-sweat reads: fun, appealing, young. God, was I ever this young? Was I ever this foolish? Yes, I remember that I was, and it is kind of nice to read a story and say, "I've been there in that situation." There were a couple of times when I thought the main character, Eliza, was just acting foolish. I was shaking my head with incredulity. But then I remembered how youth doesn't give you the benefit of experience. What I liked most about the novel was that it made me want to go to a beach right now. And then I realized I can't, and it made me sad.

BC-98

No comments:

Post a Comment