Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Our New Normal (Television Review: Partners, CBS)

David Kohan and Max Mutchnick created "Partners," Tuesdays on CBS based on their real-life friendship. So yes, this show will inevitably be compared to their earlier hit, "Will And Grace" because it is also about four people. I was a big fan of W & G in its earlier seasons but thought it declined pretty quickly (around the third season or so)  But you knwo what? I kind of liked "Partners." It seemed very ordinary to me. Michael Urie plays his character big, but it seems just normal for me. This show, I think, will hinge upon the situations, because even if these characters, especially Urie's, seem big, nowadays they just feel ordinary. I guess, in a lot of sense, this is the new normal. (pun intended) Actually, I even like this show a smidgen better than Ryan Murphy's over at NBC. It seems more low-key, more relatable, more accessible. I want to know more about these characters, whereas on that other one, the personalities are too big and cartoonish that I want to know less about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment