Monday, September 24, 2012

It's All In The Sauce (Book Review:When In Doubt, Add Butter by beth Harbison)

I'm not going to lie. This book caught my eye because of the title. "When In Doubt, Add Butter." You gotta admit, it's pretty catchy. And the cover looks delicious. So I told myself, why not? The story? It wasn't bad. Beth Harbison writes well, and the heroine here, Gemma Craig has a distinct voice. She sounds like a real person, one that I wouldn't mind knowing. Gemma works as a private chef, and goes to a different house every night to cook. Some are families, some are single men, one is even a Russian family whom she suspects is connected to the mob. The book starts with her adventures and misadventures on being a chef. Around a third in, we start dealing with her love life. The story is pretty balanced, although the end seemed a bit predictable, though I can forgive it because Harbison's pace is pretty steady and quick, so you won't really have much time to notice holes. I thought it was a great quick read. 

BC-75

No comments:

Post a Comment