Monday, September 24, 2012

Enveloping (Scent Review: Costes)

Last week, on my birthday, I was kind of stumped as to what to wear scent-wise. It was a Monday, and that narrowed my choices, as I try to follow feng shui and only use red bottled (or red colored jus) sscents on Mondays. And then I saw Costes, which was my signature Monday scent in the past. It then became a no-brainer. I wore it, and thought it was prefect. I can't remember why I stopped using it. My love for it never went away. It is even more appropriate nowadays, with the weather cooling a bit. Created my one of my favorites, Olicia Giacobetti, it was one of my very first "niche" loves, and will always be one of my favorites. It is such a unique scent: starting with its herbal, cinammon-y blast of an opening, with big blasts of pepper, bay leaves and coriander. It should be an assault, but it is rounded with soft edges (roses, lavander) that it is just a melange of beautiful spices.Don't think it gets kitchen-like, though because of one thing: incense. It gives the scent a certain glow, when I wear it, I actually sense it ever-present, enveloping. It is stylish, it's modern, but it is also old-fashioned, even religious. My bottle is now about half-done. I really should get a replacement because I think I will hyperventilate if I ever to be without it in my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment