Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fosters The People (Television Review: The Fosters, Winter Premiere 2014)


My DVR automatically recorded the Winter Premiere of "The Fosters" since I had set it to record all episodes of the series. To be honest, I had forgotten about this series, and did not even know it was coming back this week. So today I watched the first episode, and I realized that yes, I had missed this show. I remember binge-watching it last year but was glad that they did a recap in the beginning so I was instantly refreshed. At the end of the last episode, Callie (Maia Mitchell) ran away from home, hitching a ride with her boyfriend who is en route to Indiana.  This episode, the day after the wedding of their moms, deals with the aftermath of Calllie's decision. The show, with this episode is veering towards a soapy vibe with this episode, and I don't really know if it properly sets up the rest of the season, as it mostly focused on Callie's storyline. But it certainly did whet my appetite for the show. I didn't realize how much I know and cared for these characters until I started watching them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment