Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Red Velvet Scent (Scent Review: Jo Malone Velvet Rose And Oud)

London's Heathrow Airport is the perfect place to buy Jo Malone fragrances: their duty-free store there prices their bottles around thirty percent less their regular retail prices. So, I was looking for their recent London-only limited edition releases and sadly, most of them were already gone, and the only one they was Velvet Rose And Oud, from their Intense Cologne series. I actually like most of offerings in their Intense Cologne line, as I think those have more depth. And if I am not mistaken, I think this is the very first Jo Malone oud scent, which is the note-du-jour nowadays. This rose scent is not your jammy bright rose - it's deeper, and notes of clove and praline give it a dense hue. The rose is still the heart of the perfume, but the oud obviously gives it a spicy intensity. If there was ever a rose scent that could be easily worn by a man, this would be it. My friend Jeff bought it and I always loved it whenever he wore it during our cruise. I liked it a lot, and found myself holding a bottle getting ready to purchase but, I already have a couple of similar scents in my wardrobe (Lutens' Se Majeste and Labirynth Of The People come quickly to mind) to justify me buying another one. However, if you were clamoring for By Killian's Rose Oud, this would be a cheaper and just-as-nice alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment