Sunday, July 22, 2012

Paris For The Young And In Love (Book Review: Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins)

Here is another book I read when I was on vacation. Since I was in Europe, I thought I would start reading something set there, specifically Paris. Paris is a beautiful city, but I have yet to have a magical experience there after a couple of visits. So, maybe I will just live vicariously through stories. Anna moves there her senior year in High School, and she tries to fit in a strange country while she adjusts to new friendships. She is also still pining for a boy back home. She develops feelings for a classmate, Etienne St. Clair, who has a long-time girlfriend. Their relationship starts as deep friendship, and well, we all know how difficult and dangerous it can be to "cross the line." I loved that aspect of this story - how complications arise they two develop feelings for each other. It seemed real, and I loved how they never ever really verbalize and act upon feelings, as those feelings get deeper and more profound. I totally wished this had a more bittersweet ending, for it would have made the story more poignant. But, it's still a great read, and it made me feel young and in love even for a moment. 

BC-59

No comments:

Post a Comment