Friday, December 16, 2011

Plasticity


When I was at Scent Bar (Lucky Scent) over the weekend, the young lady there,perhaps sensing that I am very adventurous in scents, told me to try Comme des Garcons A New Perfume Eau de Parfum, which is the new CDG release. I really did not know much about this release, except fot two things: it was new, and a quick review of it described it as smelling like "scotch tape and Elmer's glue." So with that in mind, I spritzed it on my left arm quite liberally. I was expecting a unique olfactory experience, and well, boy did I get it. First I have to say I admire the scent - it's well done and like a piece of performance art, I get it, and know where it is coming from. When I was a kid, I used to love Fisher Price toys, and I remember I loved the plastic smell I got whenever I opened a new box. Well, I think this smells exactly like that. You think, why would anyone want to duplicate that smell, and I say why not. Why would anyone want to make that a perfume, you say? Well, I am still trying to grasp the answer to that. There is a vigorous amount of aldehydes in here, and after a while it grew acrid on my skin. After a couple more minutes, my stomach started to churn a little bit whenever I would get a whiff of this. Bottom line: it's beautiful, but totally unwearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment