Tuesday, December 6, 2011

U Can't Stop The Beat


I don't know why, but when the weather starts getting colder - today, for example - I always reach out for Burberry The Beat For Women.  In theory, I should really hate this scent. First of all, I am not the biggest fan of genderizing perfumes. I believe that men can and should wear women's perfume and vice versa. Rose for the dude? Sure. Musk for the Lady? Why the hell not? But something about this perfume just appeals to me, like listening to Celine Dion, or having a Dunkin Donut for breakfast. It smells loud and cheap and oh so BIG, and it is really a lot of fun. The top notes are pure plastic. Remember when you used to open new toys and the thing smelled like plastic, combined with the plastic wrap? Well, add some vanilla to that and that's he opening here. It's artificial, it's overpowering, it's like a drug for me. When things start to settle down, the florals come out - the pink pepper, a hint of bluebell, some cleani-ish cardamom. It becomes a lot less interesting there, but it still holds my attention. Pink pepper is now so common that the scent starts to become familiar and boring. The base is that generic musk. Burberry The Beat For Women has great lasting power, and monster sillage. It's sort of 80s; I can imagine a big haired gal wearing it, but it's not so feminine that I can also envision a Jersey Shore boy working it, too. It's kind of tacky, seriously, but I don't know, something about this just gets to me. I enjoy it. I feel like shit afterwards, but I enjoy it for its cheap thrill, so sue me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment