Monday, May 12, 2014

A Bouquet Of Roses For My Mother (Perfume Review: A*Maze, The People Of The Labyrinth)

Yesterday, for Mother's Day, I wanted to wear a rose scent in her honor, as she loved roses, and loved rose scents. She used to wear Tea Rose, and I can't believe I don't have a bottle of it. I think when I made my big move three years ago, I had an almost-empty bottle of it and it never made the five thousand mile trek. As I was looking through my collection, I realized I have not worn one of my favorite rose scents of all time, The People Of The Labyrinth's A*Maze. It's one of the richest rose scents out there - it's dark, full-bodied, boozy, oud-y before it was trendy, and in the end, it is still a rose. You get the bloom at first spritz and while it seems like it is going nowhere, you realize that it has nuances that may not seem showy, but trust me, it's there. There's saffron that makes it jammy, there's a citrus that makes it bright, and there's civet that gives it a rough edge. I remember that this was one of my very first niche scents, and I read now that it has become a cult classic. Come to think of it, I wonder if this still as widely available as it was before, and I checked the POTL website and it seems to be still in circulation. I am as amazed (ehem) with it as when I first sniffed it, and I think it's the perfect tribute scent for my mom. (She would have loved this)

No comments:

Post a Comment