Saturday, September 24, 2011

Red Could Be A Bore


"Real Women Wear Red" had all the makings of a book I would love, mainly because it is set in a cruise ship, and I am an unabashed fan of cruising. So when I saved the book to read while I was on my lat cruise. To put it in no uncertain terms: it just wasn't very good. The plots, and there are a few of them, are quite muddled, and I just couldn't suspend my disbelief about some of the situations. I was ready to overcome them, but I thought every single character was unlikeable, and their connections to each other forced. I found myself quite confused about some of the characters, as their characterizations were kind of sparse. Plus, she could have written about the settings more vividly, but as such, this novel could have been set in my backyard the way she described it. I try my best not to go too negative, but I just cannot recommend this book as there are thousands of titles out there that are so much better. Even the cover art is amateurish, like something done at a beginner computer graphics class. I wanted to like this book so much, but it almost ruined my vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment