Sunday, September 25, 2011

When She's Good (Television Thoughts: The Good Wife)


I very rarely "follow" episodic crime shows,  but I keep an eye on "the Good Wife," because it just interests me. It appeals to me because it is that, but more than that. I want to say, for lack of a better term, that it is a soap opera, but it is also a family drama, a marital show, a crime mystery suspense one, too. It's all those things, and I think that's why I love it. Tonight's third season opener is a scorcher. It sets up the whole season, opens it wide for all the characters because of the multiple interactions that happen between them. Lawyers, Partners, Friends, Friends With Benefits, Mother, Daughter, Ex-Husbands...name it, there's a pairing out there. And then there's also Julianna Margulies, who week after week gives unpredictable performances which make her deserve her recent Emmy.  And she has the niftiest new hair do for the season. Actually, even Matt Czuchry has a new spiked hair cut that stole scenes in this episode. I know that other people complain abotu how trivial some of the cases are here, but they always interest me. This is hour-long drama at its best, and I look forward to spending time with them every Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment