Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer Lovin Happened So Fast (Book Review: Loving Summer by Kailin Gow)

The title of the book is "Loving Summer," and I started it because here we are in the throes of summertime, and I thought it would be appropriate. I thought it would be a fun read, something to go through while lounging by a pool or by the beach. That would be the idea, anyway, since I wasn't doing either of those things. But I found this story quite heavy. It's fine, I guess, but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I felt the kids took their emotions too seriously, but at the same time acted too immature. I wanted to like the main character, Summer, but she was too wishy washy and it didn't help that the author gave her unbelievable situations. (A teenager takes over a California  acting class school out of the blue? )  I tried to be open-minded and told myself these are kids, but I just ended up not liking any of the characters, even the adults. "Loving Summer" should have been more fun. 

BC-55

No comments:

Post a Comment