Tuesday, December 11, 2012

You Decorate My Life (Television Review: Million Dollar Decorators, Bravo)


I got very engrossed with Bravo's "Million Dollar Listing: so I said what the heck, maybe I should also watch "Million Dollar Decorators." I mean, what is there to lose, right? Two episodes in, I am ambivalent. I mean, it is entertaining, but I do not find myself rushing to watch the episodes right away as they pile up on my DVR. This season stars four designers: Jeffrey Allan Marks, Kathryn Ireland, Mary McDonald, and Martyn Lawrence Bullard. They are all strong characters, as you can imagine, and on the second episode, at least, there seems to be sparks flying against Bullard and McDonald as they are asked to collaborate on a project. I think my problem thus far with the series is that the situations all seem forced and manufactured. (Is it a coincidence that the company that hired for the collaboration advertises during the commercial break?) And there seems to be the obligatory cooky maid, here in the guise of Kathryn's French one? Maybe I have watched too many of these things that I can spot contrivances a mile away. But I will watch it more, perhaps there is enough drama here to lure me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment