Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mostests And The Bestests

I remember when I was in High School and I used to read those Sweet Dreams series, and sometimes I just like to rekindle those days. Maybe because I am now ancient, that I crave how it feels to be young. Melissa Senate's "The Mosts" was effective that way. It is the story of a young woman in High School whose boyfriend moves away,  so she is left to ponder her life, and deal with how her status in her school has changed since she has been un-coupled. It is a quick read - finished it in two hours or so - and Ms. Senate knows how to keep the action going. Of course, Ms. Senate is also the Queen of Chick Lit - she practically started the genre with "See Jane Date."  I liked it a lot, and it was exactly what the doctor ordered last night. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, thinking about the characters falling in, out, and back in love. Oh, if only life were as easy. 

BC-41

No comments:

Post a Comment