Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Day In Barcelona (Scent Review: Ramon Monegal Lovely Day)

I haven't been feeling well. I have had this cold since before Christmas and it just seems relentless. Anyway, I woke up this morning with aches and pains and I desperately did not want to go to work, but unfortunately I had to. So I wanted to scent myself with something uplifting. I went to an old neglected bottle - Ramon Monegal's Lovely Day. Ramon Monegal is a perfumer from Barcelona and I got this when I was there a couple of years ago. I fell in love with this instantly and I don't know why I don't use this more often. It's a bright floral, and it is so perfectly blended that it just screams perfume. It has notes of sambac jasmine, and rose, edged out by licorice and black current. The notes just "disappear." It is more floral than anything else, and the licorice is never screechy. The black currant pulls it down to prevent it from becoming heady. On a winter's day, it blooms better, and it's pretty full. Here I am about six hours later, and I can still smell it, even with a stuffed nose. It has major projection, and I would imagine, massive sillage. For me, this scent is a souvenir snapshot of Barcelona. In this cold winter day, I am suddenly transported by this scent to a sunny Barcelona day, and that's a lovely day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment