Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sise Fina (Music Thoughts: Anna Sise, But Beautiful)

Who is Anna Sise? Your guess is as good as mine. The only thing I could find on the internet is that she hails from Sweden and is big in Asia, especially japan. This album I am listening to, "But Beautiful" was produced and released in japan and even boasts of great musicians: Jan Lundgren, Patrik Boman, and Max Schultz among others, and the album does sound full. Sise has a great big voice and has a great solid repertoire: "A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square," "I'll Never Be The Same," and the title track "But Beautiful." Her voice reminds me a bit of Diane Reeves: full throttled yet controlled. Her lyrical readings are fine, and for someone is (presumably) a second language, pretty intelligent. She is soulful in ballads, and swinging when asked to. I took interest in her because she is supposedly big in Japan, and i trust the Japanese' taste, especially in jazz vocals. This album, from 2007, is pleasant enough, and now I want more information on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment