Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Second Best Is Worse (Movie Thoughts: The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel)

I feel cranky tonight, because I was severely disappointed with "The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." I loved the first movie, and was expecting at the very least a pleasant sequel. And this one is slightly less than pleasant that I wonder its reason for existing. Well, a movie with Dames Judi Dench and Maggie Smith sparring couldn't be that bad, right? Well, except for that, this is a total waste of time. The overcrowded cast makes for underdeveloped story lines, to start. I was confused as to what is happening with whom. And Dev Patel as Sonny has resulted to eating the scenery here, as colorful and exotic as it looks, still.  I didn't care what happned to him, never mind root. And the addition f Richard Gere (again the exotic flower here) ad David Straitharn adds nothing. I couldn't wait for the film to end. Even for fans of the first movie this can be a watse of time. Make ti a weekday rental.

2 comments: