Wednesday, February 8, 2012

When One On One Doesn't Make Two



I was very hopeful about Rosie's show on OWN when it premiered last year, but the show never found the stride it was looking for. Rosie, as good as she is, never struggled in finding  a balance between..whatever she was looking for, and what was working, and what was not. In the middle of January, she debuted a new format - a one-on-one, face-to-face format that put her square and center with her guest, most of the time just one for a full hour. And as much as I try to like it, it just isn't working for me. I felt the "fun" energy was gone, and that was what made it very interesting for me. A lot of times, the conversations turn too "serious" for me, and maybe it's a personal thing, but it isn't what I am looking to watch when I come home from work. She has had more interesting guests - Kathy Griffin, Kristen Chenoweth - but the conversations to me were bland, and I found myself turning the show off after the second segment. I haven't taken it off my DVR list yet, but I get a sense that even Rosie isn't happy, and I think it may have to do with the fact that she isn't too comfortable in Chicago. Bring the show back to New York City, Rosie. I am sure you will find what you are looking for there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment