Monday, June 1, 2015

Good Bitchin' (Television Thoughts: Vicious, Season Two, ITV)

I don't think I ever got a chance to write about the first season Vicious, but I did watch every single episode.  I didn't love it, but it was a fun mindless sitcom, and hello, it is always a treat seeing Sir Ian McKellan and Derek Jacobi being bitchy and mean to each other. Yes, they are old bitter queens (and I know the series got a lot of flack for that) but honestly, they would be the type of companions I would want to have at a dinner party.  As the second season starts, you can see the ease these actors have in handling their roles. I feel like they are more relaxed, and the audience knows these characters well now, and we are just waiting for the punchlines to come. Not all of them land, but McKellan and Jacobi deliver them with perfect timing that I can't help but laugh anyway. The first episode of the season, "Sisters" was great episode: full of zings, mistaken identities, role-playing that you can't help but get taken by its infectious energy. I look forward to the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment