Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We Need To Talk, Tilda.

Oh God, how I love Tilda Swinton. I love everything about her. I even love her perfume. I don't think I have ever seen her give a bad performance, and she gives an unforgettable one in "We Need To Talk About Kevin." But I really loathe this movie, a pretentious piece of crap that literally made me angry while watching it. I guess I am giving it too much energy by letting it anger me so much, but I thought it was needlessly violent, and the psycho babble really turned me off early into the movie, and I never recovered from it. And as much as I respected Swinton's performance here, I despised her character. I despised it for being stupid, for letting her terror of a son control her, for letting her dickless husband be...dickless.  The director, Lynne Ramsay, reminds me of a hipster who is trying in vain to make everything look weird, and artistic, that it really drew my patience. Most scenes, I thought, were unwatchable, and even the idea of film seems familiar (I preferred it when it was called "Beautiful Boy" starring Michael Sheen) I despise horror movies, and this was one, and it tried to tempt me by making it seem like its dramatic, but horror is horror. I love you, Tilda, but sorry, I can't recommend your movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment