Sunday, April 29, 2012

Everything Happens For A Reason

There is a saying that goes, "Things happen for a reason." But do they, really? I think things do happen, but we push them to go certain ways, and I do believe the Universe helps us for and against where things may go, should go, end up. That was the thought on my mind when I was reading Laura Dave's "The First Husband," which I think is a great book. It's one of those simple stories: girl loses boy, girl meets another guy, first guy tries to get her back. But Ms. Dave gives us a relatable narrator, and the story moves so quickly that it got me reading the whole thing in less than  a day. I started reading this as sort of a diversion from another book that was boring me, and was hooked instantly. The most interesting plot point for me was whenever Annie would watch "Roman Holiday," something bad happens to her. It's cute, and kind of scary at the same time, and I am crazy and superstitious enough to believe at something like that. All in all, this was a great read, and it makes me want to discover her other work. 

BC-38

No comments:

Post a Comment