Sunday, August 19, 2012

On A Desert Island, Not A Soul Can See Us (Book Thoughts: On The Island, Tracey Garvis Graves)

I won "On The Island," by Tracey Garvis Graves via Chick Lit Central and finally started reading it a day or so ago and I got so engrossed in the book that I literally could not put the book down and just had to finish it. I thought, initially that it would be a "survival" book, what with the a plot of a woman and a younger man (her student) getting stranded on an island after a plane crash. I thought the novel would feel claustrophobic (and initially, it did) but the story opened up, and all in all, is much more than that initial premise. While that part of the story was thrilling and suspenseful, the novel blossomed for me in the latter half, when they are faced to deal with dealing with the consequences of "what happens next." It made me think about a lot of things: how where we are in our lives affects the relationships we form. This novel has a great balance of internal vs external conflicts and is one of the best beach reads for me of late.

I believe in paying things forward. Since the Universe gave me this book, I would love to share it with someone else. If you think you would like to read this, comment with your email address and I will send it to you. The only thing I ask is you send me a SASE because it is kind of difficult for me to go to the post office. 

BC-68

No comments:

Post a Comment