Friday, July 4, 2014

It's A Mad Mad Joan (Book Review: Joan Rivers, Diary Of A Mad Diva)

I had a lot of fun reading Joan Rivers' "Diary Of A Mad Diva," because I like Joan Rivers and her humour. Her comedy has always been irreverent, and this book clearly represents her brand. Nothing and no one is spared, even Anne Frank and Heller Keller. Yes, I know making fun of those two can be really bad taste, but sometimes we just need to laugh at everything and not take things too seriously. In all fairness, she would be the first one to laugh at herself and poke at her worst traits: her numerous plastic surgeries, for example. I do understand how some people may dislike this book, though. If you think Joan is not funny, then I can't even fathom why you would read this book. But if you have liked her, as I have, then there's plenty of things to enjoy here. You go with your bad self, Joan!

No comments:

Post a Comment