Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Love On The Danube (Book Review: Royally Lost, Angie Stanton)

There were a couple of things about Angie Stanton's "Royally Lost" that appealed to me. First of all, it's set on a river cruise on the Danube. I have done the exact same itinerary as here so I was able to identify with the tour aspect of the book. I wish the descriptions were more vivid, but I guess that was not the main purpose of the book. Secondly, this was a cute love story between a commoner and a Prince, and that's always fun to read. But this was more than that, there was a lot of suspense about half way through and you root for the main characters. Sure, this is far from perfect. Some situations are contrived and forced, but who cares? This is a great summer read, with a dash of European history in it, so for me, it's all good. I could even imagine this as a cute television movie for ABC Family, with telegenic teenagers in the lead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment