Friday, August 1, 2014

Star Crossed (Movie Review, Triple Crossed)

I am not going to pretend and say that I had high hopes for "Triple Crossed." This movie stars and is directed by Sean Paul Lockhart, his first indie movie. And again, I am not going to pretend I disliked it, because, well I did. I didn't love it and will probably not see it again, but I have to say, it was pretty engrossing, and maybe I feel dumb about this, but the twists and turns of this erotic thriller took me, and I was kept guessing about the ending until the end. Is it because this film is really not bad, or am I just more gullible in my old age? Sure, the film could be sped up a little, and some of the directorial touches reveal inexperience, but as entertainment in different levels, this sort of succeeds. And there is delicious eye candy, too, if you are into the sort of thing. The acting is passable (Lockhart is charming as hell, and I would go with him on any role he takes) though Laura Riley has unintentionally laughable scenes. It's not the worst thing in the world for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment