Monday, August 4, 2014

Entitled (Television Review: Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills, Sundays on E!)



It's not like I don't watch enough trash on television, but I went ahead and put the new season of "Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills" on my DVR.  I watched it sporadically last season and I don't know what came over me, but I gave it full "commitment" this time around. I watched the back-to-back premiere episode on E!, and I am dumbfounded. I am dumbfounded by how dumb and shallow this show is, which of course is a companion piece to that Kardashian travesty of a show. Considering I have been watching reality shows since the age of the first season of "Real World." All I can say is, we've come a long way, baby. I don't think I can find a sympathetic cast member here, or maybe I am just bitter because these kids are so rich that they can buy whatever they want, and travel wherever they want to go go go. On the first episode, for example,  EJ Johnson (Magic's son) hosts a fabulous party at a yacht with all kids in attendance. Draped in a caftan and accessorized  with a Chanel editorial necklace, Johnson swishes champagne and mingles with guests as only he can. Johnsonw as only a part-time member of the cast last year, but due to a multi-show contract with E! (he will do Fashion police and report from New York Fashion Week) he got upped to series regular this year. Okay, so I have an unexplainable fascination with him. All the others are blah, with Morgan taking the cake of most annoying. On the second episode, Dorothy takes her friends to China to show off his father's businesses ("They consider me royalty there," she muses) and in a straight-from-fantasy scene, she has their department store opened because her friend Jonny needed some pimple cream. This show is a parade of entitled spoiled brats, and  they are rich, bitches!  I can't think of a worse way to spend my Sunday nights with, and of course my DVR will be full of their episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment