Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Deal Or No Deal (Film Thoughts: Unfinished Business)

Not gonna lie. I mainly was interested in watching "Unfinished Business' because of my irrational crush on Dave Franco. These kind of raunchy testosterone filled comedies aren't really for me. About twenty minutes into the movie - Dave Franco or no Dave Franco - I was ready to give up. But I persevered, and I knew I wanted to write about it. And you know what? I am glad I did. In the midst of all the sex jokes, this movie had a tiny beating heart. It's a small one, but it's there, it's alive. And there is even a small and sweet gay angle to the thing - I was ready for a homophobic tone, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the opposite. And it is partly shot in Berlin, and they kind of capture the city in its glory: slightly deranged, slightly off, but an interesting city like no other.  And yes, I thought Dave Franco was kind of dopey adorable here, and perfectly gave his all to the role, even at times outshining his co stars Vince Vaughan, and Tom Wilkinson - no small feat. And yes, he satisfied my weird craving for him/ If only for that reason I don't regret seeing this. But truthfully, I left with a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment