Thursday, May 14, 2015

Anyplace I Hang My Hat Is Home (Book Thoughts: Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg)

Could it be possible that I have never read any of Elizabeth Berg's books? She seems like my kind of author. But here it is, I just finished reading my first Berg book - Home Safe. And I feel like I want to grab as much of her books now, because this book really touched me, and I couldn't put it down (Strangely enough, this has a lot of negative reviews on Goodreads) I found myself identifying with the protagonist, Helen, who is recently widowed and is on a crossroad as to what to do next in her life. After her husband dies, she gets a revelation that changes the course of her life. This is a heartfelt novel, one that embraces both change and staying put. I am still haunted by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment