Friday, November 16, 2012

A Walk In The Garden Of Eden (Scent Review: Tokyo Milk No 3: Eden)

I am always up for cheap thrills. I have heard of the niche line Tokyo Milk but have never tried it until recently, when I chanced upon a *very-cheap* full bottle of Eden(03). It was so inexpensive that it was so worth the risk. And it paid in triple-digit dividends.Tokyo Milk was created by Margot Elena Wells, and I thought maybe the line would be too "twee," but I was glad to find out that the line is pretty sophisticated. Eden is an elegant fruity-floral, a scent sub-genre that could easily go bad. This opens with fresh greens - I smell crushed leaves - and then the flowers come through: cassis and a clean iris. Musk rounds it out pretty quickly, and stays there, thought the florals never really leave the scene. It's blended perfectly - nothing is obstructive, the musk is clean and pretty. I have this new thing of doing one spritz on my shirt daily, and every now and then I get a whiff of Eden, and it brings a smile to my face. Eden isn't the most innovative scent, but it's formidable, with great sillage and longevity, and for the price, unbeatable. I must admit that I had predisposed judgement on this line before - the perfume snob in me sometimes takes over - but I definitely want to sample the rest of the line now.

No comments:

Post a Comment