Thursday, January 29, 2015

How Can I Ignore The Boy Next Door (Movie Review: The Boy Next Door)

I don't think anyone will be expecting "Citizen Kane" if they bought a ticket for "The Boy Next Door." I mean, one look at the trailer and you would know it is a retread of the lover/stalker formula a la "Fatal Attraction." (I bet any amount of money that the script was written around the same time, too) But I was hoping that this movie would be one of those so-bad-it's-good. And Jennifer Lopez has star wattage for days that you will be fine just looking at her. (And for the record, I don't think she is a bad actress) Plus, Ryan Guzman is a stud muffin and is a treat for the eyes too. If only this film was more camp. It takes itself too seriously that its by-the-numbers plot got tedious after a while. Kristen Chenoweth, as Lopez's character's friend has great comedic instincts to not take everything too seriously, but she seems to have wandered off from another movie. I wouldn't necessarily call the movie a total waste of my time. There were some funny moments, and the stars are eye candies, but I would have gotten the same pleasure had I been doing my laundry - and I love my laundry !

No comments:

Post a Comment