Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Iris In Water (Perfume Review, Ermenigildo Zegna, Florentine Iris)


I have a mountain of samples and I told myself I would slowly go through them, and this morning I randomly picked Erminigildo Zegna's Florentine Iris, which is from his Essenze line (launched 2012) which was their venure into a higher-end more exclusive line. The perfumes in the line are all centered around beragmot, and this one has major notes of iris, violet. This is a very cold violet, not the raw kind. The violet rounds it and gives it a "barbershop" vibe, making this smell more masculine. It's not a flowery iris that's for sure, although in the background while it dries down I smell hints of some white flowers. It's also very aquatic, reminiscent of 90s mens' scents, although admittedly this does not smell dated. This is powerful and the sillage speaks loud. I would imagine that a lot of females would like to smell this on their men. I bet a player would get a lot of compliments while wearing this. But while it is that, I find it staid. It's too run-of-the-mill for my taste, for its price point of $195.00 a little too common smelling. If this was a commercial release, I would actually applaud it. But in a niche level, it just doesn't cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment