Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Unfavorite Year (Book Review: The Year I Met You)

Cecelia Ahern is one of the Queens of Chick Lit so I was looking forward to reading "The Year I Met You,"  sand it even starts very interesting- one of those books that you begin reading and say, "wow this is going to be good." Jasmine just got fired from her job and starts spending time "gardening," which is euphemism for a non-compete clause. She gets fascinated by the man across the street, a shock jock who also just got reprimanded for crossing the line on his radio show. I wish the story went more interesting after that but for me, it didn't. There were quite a few things going on, and the characters to me were so unsympathetic that I ceased to care about any of them, and couldn't wait for the book to end. There's a good book here somewhere, only it wasn't in the one I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment