Thursday, April 23, 2015

Leather Bar (Perfume Thoughts: Tokyo Milk Dark Tainted Love)





Margot Ellena's Tokyo Milk is a line I don't really talk about much, but I should. It's a cheap thrill in the best sense of the word. And it's Femme Fatale series - darker, more mysterious scents - really gives you big bang for your buck. At $30 for a 1 oz bottle, your return of investment is huge. Today I am wearing Tainted Love, and it's glorious. I know marketing is just marketing, but the scent really evokes something dark and mysterious. It's tonka bean, and it clings close to skin. It has a rubbery note that reminds me of a basement of a leather bar. It has white musk that is sexy and raw. And there's vanilla, but the effect isn't of a baked good, but more sensuous. There's even a bit of tobacco and clove. I am trying to think of something else that is similar, and I am getting a lighter version of Bvlgari Black, or a sweeter Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland. And for some reason, this doesn't turn too sweet on my skin, as most fragrances do. It definitely is interesting, a head-turner, a head shaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment