Tuesday, October 21, 2014

In America (Book Review: Millie & The American University, Annabel Scott)

There are some books that start out with a premise that is so interesting and...it just takes turns to places that you just where you don't want to go. Annabel Scott's "Millie & The American University" starts innocent enough: a British girl goes on a student exchange program to an American University and then it becomes one of those raucous campus comedies that at times I wondered if I were reading a serialization of a Judd Apatow movie. While a lot of people enjoy that kind of thing, it just isn't my cup of tea. There were so many scenes where I just cringed, and some of the situations were tasteless. And I don't even think that Millie, the main character, ;earned her lesson in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment