Thursday, October 16, 2014

Untasty (Book Review: I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti, Giulia Melucci)

I didn't know anything about Giulia Melucci before reading her book "I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti," and it seems like, after finishing this book, I still don't know her. File this book under "Self-Important Memoirs." I am sure Melucci is a much more interesting person than than how this book presents her. The idea seems fool-proof: her story peppered with recipes pertaining to what was happening in her life. But, there's just no there there. Melucci just goes from one dead end relationship to another, and there doesn't seem to be no emotional growth between her relationships, which really makes this book an untasty experience. Which makes me wonder how stories like these get published, until I realize she worked in the publishing industry and probably used her connections to get a book deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment