Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Child Is Born (Book Thoughts: The Secrets Of Midwives, Sally Hepworth)

I don't know what possessed me to start reading "The Secrets Of Midwives" by Sally Hepworth because I had the mistaken notion that it would be a lot about child-bearing, a topic I really am not attuned to, nor will I ever be. But Hepworth is much more than that, it's more about three generations of midwives and their own individual stories. Some stories are more interesting than others, and the earlier ones can be a bit too soap-opera like, but this is an entertaining enough read. The first half is slower than the second, which felt a bit rushed (I suspect that it's an editing issue) so it took me a bit more time to read the book, but when the action picked up, all became well.

2 comments:

  1. It's next in my queue, as I'm reading it for RWR's BookClub 411. https://www.facebook.com/groups/bookclub411/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding me to that group!

    ReplyDelete