Monday, February 9, 2015

Everything Is Rosie (Movie Review: Love Rosie)

Here we are, on Single Awareness Week, and I  have been trying to get "in the mood," and what better way than to see "Love Rosie." When I was in Dublin last year, posters for this movie were everywhere there on buses and billboards. I made a mental note to look out for it when it  crosses over the pond, and now it's here. It stars Lilly Collins and Sam Claflin in a kind of lower rate version of "One Day," and the material here is based on Cecila Ahern's novel "Where Rainbows End." The episodic touch probably worked better in the book. Here it seems too obvious, as if force feeding the audience what to expect. Collins is an actress I have unexplainable disdain for in the past, but here she is charming and likeable, enough for me to give her a temporary pass. Claflin fares better, giving hsi character a lot more depth than how it was written. All in all, this is a serviceable rom-coms. It works better when it is more romantic than comedy, probably because of the great chemistry between the two actors. They look pretty, and have great accents, so that's a plus for me. It's  not a total waste of time, but for my purposes it didn't inspire me to love. Maybe it's me. 

1 comment:

  1. i loved the book, but this is good to know and i'll just wait for it to come on DVD. i liked lily collins in "mirror mirror."

    ReplyDelete