Saturday, October 29, 2011

Out Of Tune (Book Thoughts: Tune Up, Terry O ' Reilly)


"Tune Up" is yet another e-book I got a while back when Amazon had their 99 cent sale.  I am all for supporting independent bookstores, self-published authors, but I keep on getting burned. Thank God I wasn't expecting much from this novella, because I didn't get a lot anyway. It is a story of a gay guy who lives in a small town, and of course he is lonely and looking for love until a guy in a motorcycle stops by the garage where he works, and...well, more or less you can kind of see where the road leads for the story.  I expected this to be predictable, but I also wanted some aspet of romance, of some kind of depth. I didn't get it here. What else is there to say, but you do get what you pay for. In these times, 99 cents really does not get you much.

BC- 35

No comments:

Post a Comment