Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pitchy, Dawg! (Movie Review: Pitch Perfect)

I was very disappointed in "Pitch Perfect."  I thought, at best, it would be an enjoyable film with music. The previews - which I saw numerous times, proving I was target market for it -  had a few funny lines that made me chuckle. And it has Rebel Wilson, who is kind of my new idol. But the movie, all in all, was kind of tepid. There were just one or two more funny lines from the preview, and it had a very lukewarm energy. It felt like an oversized GLEE episode, from the GLEE latter (less funnier) seasons. And Anna Kendrick seems to have borrowed Kristen Stewart's perma-scowl. She seems annoyed and didn't want to be here, like she was forced to work on the film against her wishes. I wanted to like the movie, and I ended up not even liking it. I didn't despise it, but I was glad I went on a matinee. I don't think I would have appreciated paying full-price for this. Plus, the movie made me feel so old. These kids look as the 80s movie "The Breakfast Club" as something so retro, and that was my era. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review Luha. It's charming, heartwarming, and, for lack of a better word, it's just cool. Basically, it’s just a bunch of fun and it’s worth a watch.

    ReplyDelete