Saturday, October 27, 2012

Rehash (Book Review: Why I Love My Gay Boyfriend)

I didn't like Sabrina Zollos "Why I Love My Gay Boyfriend."  It has a great title, and that is what attracted me to the book. I thought it would explore that great friendship between straight women and gay men. Instead, we get another rehash of the "The Devil Wears Prada," but this one more cliched. Zollos introduces too many characters but they mostly sound and act the same. Plus, the main character is unlikeable, and we really don't get to know her - there's nil back story, limited characterization. Most of all, though, the book seems dated, like it is from a decade ago, and i wonder if it was written and has languished since before getting released now, because it kind of shows. 

BC-84

No comments:

Post a Comment