Monday, April 22, 2013

I Could Be Sailing (Perfume Review: Prada Luna Rossa)

Although I cruise a lot, I have never sailed. I would imagine it to be a thrilling experience, and I hope to one day do it, as I am a fan of anything water-y. Prada's Luna Rossa is a perfect representation of that experience. I am a Prada fragrance completist - I love their aesthetic - and even though I do not love this fragrance with a capital L, I admire it a lot. It is very reminiscent of all your other "sport" fragrances out there - that ubiquitous amber/musk/aquatic accord - but there's something in here that is better done. There's the finer lavender (you can tell it is better quality) , there's the unexpected sharp citrus (orange/grapefruit) and there's the mint. It all comes down soapy, like a more "finished" version of Infusion D'Homme of the same house. This is the kind of scent that is inoffensive, and I would bet a man would get a lot of compliments from the ladies if he wore this scent. During the coming hot summer months, I could imagine reaching out for this scent as a default on those days when I could not decide what to wear. It's like wearing a welk-worn  T-shirt and shorts ensemble: easy to wear and you know you will look and smell good when you wear it. That may not be the highest of all complement, but it's really still one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment