Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Married To The Mob (Book Review: Mafia Chic, Erica Orloff)

This is a throwback read: "Mafia Chic,"  by Erica Orloff, from Red Dress Ink, ca: 1994. (This book is almost ten years old, but to its credit, doesn't read dated at all ) I loved all the books from the Red Dress imprint, and this one sort of escaped me. It's about Teddi, whose family is in the mob. Yes, even mobster's daughters need love too. I was expecting a quirky, craze cast of characters and I got that in small bits, but I thought the main character was just a bit too tame to be interesting. Or perhaps I just did not connect with her? She starts dating a television journalist but starts really connecting with another man, who is an FBI agent assigned to do surveillance for her family. I don't think I need to tell you how this one ends, right? I am just thinking maybe I am not really into this milieu, as I am not really into mob-inspired things. (I never saw an episode of 'The Sopranos') This book is pleasant enough, but maybe just a bit bland. 

BC-52

No comments:

Post a Comment