Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sandy Hook (Book Review: Susane Colasanti, All I Need)

Memorial Day Weekend is the unofficial start of the Summer season, so why not read a summer-themed love story ? Susane Colasanti's "All I Need" has the summer book cover perfectly placed, and this is one of those frothy young adult romances. I didn't really expect anything more from it, so I wasn't truly disappointed. But it's pretty thin, plot wise. There's nothing truly wrong with that, though. Seth and Skye meet at the beach one summer night - make that one end-of-summer night, and they realize they are soul mates. But Seth is going home the next day si they plan on meeting one last time. Things happen and he doesn't show up. So they spend the next months trying to find each other, and of course they do. And then they have to deal with a long-distance love affair, complicated by the fact tha Skye is still in high school, while Seth is a Freshman in college. This is a sweet story, and mindless enough to read by the beach. The only thing I disliked was that I wasn't at the beach while reading it.

BC-36

No comments:

Post a Comment